Thursday 29 January 2015

Ladyfinger Crisps(Bendi Crisps)

Bendi Crisps
Ladyfinger Crisps

Bendakay or Ladiesfinger or Okra is most of our favourite vegetable.People say ,this is the only vegetable that does no harm to health.

I tried plain Bendi curry,Bendi Fry,Bendi masala from my aunt(mixed in curd) etc.But I recently tried this recipe and believe me, then on,I get this vegetable just to prepare in this way. :).

One more thing,If you want to avoid excess oil and can compromise on crisp texture, you will still get other side of this recipe,-well marinated tasty soft texture.

All you need is ...

Bendi (Okra/Ladiesfinger)

Coriander powder,

Masala powder,
Besan (Senaga pindi/gram flour)
Salt
Red chilli powder,
Turmeric,
Oil.

Method:



  1. Wash Okra with water neatly and dry them on tissue paper.
  2. Cut the Okra length wise .If they are wide, cut into 4 lengthwise pieces,else 2.
  3. Now,take a wide plate and mix these powders, Coriander powder,red chilli,salt,pinch of turmeric,masala(I skipped using masala,instead used curry powder or kura karam),Besan.
  4. Combine the cut pieces of okra in this powder mix and let it sit for 15-mins.
  5. After marinating, take oil in pan and add Okra.

Note :

Have the pieces deep fry for perfect bendi crisps.If you are using less oil ,also,the recipe won't fail nor stick.Result is good in this case tooo.I don't use much oil,still I love the way it comes out :).

Mouthwatering tip:

You can have it just like that,or with rice :D.Bendi Crisps ,yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment